Every shopkeeper knows very well how important it is that all data on goods and money are recorded. Even if the goods are already sold, they do not disappear without a trace. They are reported under the relevant items and recorded in the financial accounting. Someone starts a whole financial department for this business, someone makes calculations on their own, and someone buys a specialized program for accounting for goods, such as this procure to pay system. What is the difference that is more profitable, efficient and easier to understand in this article.
Automatic vs manual goods accounting
Records of goods sold at different stores may vary depending on whether the goods were sold to an individual or legal entity and what form of ownership the store has.
It’s simple. The client receives a check, the seller records all the necessary information in his accounting system. The difference between manual and automatic work will be that in the first case, the seller will have to write down in the notebook or add to the Excel table how many goods he sold, how much, at what price, with what discount, and so on. In this case, there is a possibility that the seller may simply distract and forget to enter all the data on sales or do it incorrectly, as no one canceled the human factor. In the second case, there is no need to do anything exactly. Once the product has passed through the cash register, all data about it is automatically entered into the system. Immediately, the revenue, average receipt and other financial indicators are calculated, and in the section of goods accounting per one item becomes less. It is extremely simple.
If the sale was made for a legal entity, more serious accounting will be required, as it will already be an element of accounting and tax accounting. Depending on to whom exactly the goods will be sold and how exactly your shop is registered, you will need to prepare a number of documents + maintain specific accounting.
Whatever form of ownership and tax system you have, the program will simplify the accounting of any. It generates most documents on its own – waybills, magazines, invoices, orders and much more. The program keeps financial records on its own. All expenses, revenues, margins, markups, average checks and so on are also calculated automatically. All this not only saves time, but also avoids errors.
After detailed analysis, it becomes clear that a specialized program is many times superior to the usual manual accounting, because:
- It generates the necessary documents itself.
- It keeps financial accounting in automatic mode.
- It does not make mistakes.
- Does everything as quickly as possible. No need to wait for the necessary report for a few hours, just press a couple of buttons and you’re done.
- It is cheaper than keeping a whole staff of accountants or at least one accountant.
- It greatly simplifies all the processes.
- Access to all the necessary documents, data and reports anytime, anywhere.
If you use an automated system for accounting, you can solve several tasks at once:
- In the program at any time, in any place and from any device you can get comprehensive information about the sold goods for any period of time. This will help you competently plan the purchase of a new product.
- Seller control – automatic registration of purchases reduces the risk of theft of goods and making errors.
- Increases the speed of customer service.
- Automated document recording allows you to reduce errors to zero.